Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And two warblers in my sketchbook

I've dedicated my painting sketchbook (that we were supposed to keep value studies in for our paintings) to mini paintings, it was nearly empty, and the paper is perfect for acrylic, and i'm sure oil as well. I dunno why I decided on filling it with birds, but that's what it's going to be full of, birds.

The first is a Prairie Warbler, I found the picture in a National Geographic magazine. I'm going to focus on song birds first, because they're generally small and easy to fit the whole bird on the page, very colorful too. The second is a Black-throated Blue Warbler... not that anybody really cares what kind of bird it is... but hey, now you know :)






and as scans usually are, colors off, lacking yellow :/ and the darks got a glare, a bit of touching up fixed them up a lil bit.

Other than those, not much art this summer yet :( but I'm feeling super creative today, and it's on to another project :)

No comments: