Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Altaïr's bracer

So I finally get to reveal one of my projects that I've been working on!  For my one year anniversary of dating my boyfriend, I finally ventured into the world of prop making and created Altaïr's arm brace for his hidden blade.  My boyfriend is a big fan of the Assassin's Creed series, and had already bought himself the blade piece alone, but no hidden blade is complete without the bracer, so I set myself to work.  :)

The only hitches with it were that I had miss-judged the strap sizes and had to re-make them.  A quick trip to Michael's fixed that problem easy.  We also worked together to create a fitting on his existing blade in order to strap it all together, and make the two pieces complete.  Yay for two part epoxy!!!  It was fun finishing up this project working with each other, and I can't wait for more projects like this down the line.


(Just a note to re-iterate, I had no hand in making the actual blade, I only added fittings to make it all strap together as one piece.)

No comments: